Bible Reading: Exodus 3:13–20
Exodus 3:14
When Moses stood before the burning bush, he faced an overwhelming assignment. God was sending him back to Egypt to confront Pharaoh and lead the Israelites to freedom. Instead of asking about the route, the resources, or the strategy, Moses asked a deeper question: “Who shall I say sent me?” God’s answer was simple yet profound: “I AM WHO I AM.” Before Moses could undertake God’s work, he needed to know the God who was calling him. The priority was not the mission but the relationship.
The same principle applies to us. We often become consumed with what we should accomplish, where we should go, or how we will meet tomorrow’s challenges. Yet God first calls us to know Him. He is the eternal, self-existent, and unchanging Lord who sees our struggles, hears our prayers, and remembers His promises. God assured Moses that He had seen the suffering of His people and would act on their behalf (Exodus 3:16–17). Even Pharaoh’s resistance would not prevent His plan, for God Himself would stretch out His mighty hand to deliver Israel (vv. 19–20). Our confidence, therefore, rests not in our ability but in His faithfulness.
Jesus echoed this truth when He taught, “Seek first the Kingdom of God above all else” (Matthew 6:33, NLT). Establishing the right priorities begins with seeking God before seeking solutions. As we spend time in His Word, trust His promises, and walk in daily dependence on Him, we discover that His presence is our greatest strength. The God who called Moses is the same God who walks with His people today. Whatever task lies before you, remember that the One who says, “I AM,” also promises, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you” (Hebrews 13:5). When we know Him, we can face every challenge with confidence, for the God who sends us also goes before us.
Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Teach us to trust in Your unfailing promises rather than our own strength or understanding. As You guided Moses, guide us in every decision, strengthen us for every challenge, and remind us that Your presence is always with us.
In Jesus’ name, Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment